- n a large strong and aggressive woman
- n (Greek mythology) one of a nation of women warriors of Scythia (who burned off the right breast in order to use a bow and arrow more effectively)
- n a major South American river; arises in the Andes and flows eastward into the South Atlantic; the world's 2nd longest river (4000 miles)
- n mainly green tropical American parrots
- I can understand why little-known authors and their friends post reviews of their own books at amazon.
News & Articles
- CIA Gave Amazon Unfair Advantage To Win Cloud-Based Security Contract
Amazon recently won a $150 million contract for a massive intelligence community computer cloud and now IBM is crying foul. According to a Government Accountability Office ruling the CIA gave Amazon an unfair advantage when it agreed to weaken security requirements for the project. That agreement arrived only after Amazon won the lucrative contract. After winning the... Read more » CIA Gave ...
June 16, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Amazon Rides the 3D Printer Wave
Amazon Rides the 3D Printer Wave
June 14, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Amazon in 3-D; Uber; Aereo in Hotlanta
Amazon is now selling 3-D printers, making Jeff Bezos' investment in Makerbot crystal clear.
June 14, 2013 - CNBC
- Kevin Garnett in AFP
I look forward to going home and playing,Garnett said. "It's going to be like coming into the amazon, into the jungle. The onus is on us. We've definitely got to win in game six and come out and set our feet in the cement, so to speak,...
- Jeff Bezos in Reuters Canada
Our MP3-only strategy means all the music that customers buy on Amazon is always DRM-free and plays on any device,said Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com founder and CEO.
- Michael Fincke in San Francisco Chronicle
You look, as far as we can tell, clean and dry from the top,Fincke called out. "And mighty spectacular imagery we got as you flew over the mouth of the Amazon River."