also-ran : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a contestant who loses the contest
- Nintendo has sold more than 24 million units of the $250 console, widely expected to be an also-ran to Microsoft's Xbox and Sony's PlayStation when the three machines were .
- Some political watchers, including poll respondents, are already considering Paul an also-ran.
- In 1929, when the Lazarus family bought Shillito's, Fred Lazarus moved to Cincinnati, turned Shillito's from an also-ran to the town's frontrunner.
- James Dobson in Opinion Editorials
Dobson said, "I will either cast my ballot for an also-ran or : not vote in a presidential election for the first time in my adult life."
- Jason Bay in Toronto Star
If all the Canadian guys who are out there are healthy and can play, we're definitely not an also-ran,says Bay. "We don't have the depth a lot of teams have, but the tournament is only a few weeks. We've got some legitimate starting...