allusion : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n passing reference or indirect mention
- The title of the fiction "Five Point Someone" is an allusion to the struggle the book's protagonists have with their low grades.
- The difference between allusion and plagiarism is the difference between genuine art and fake.
- Although the original edition carried it, in the new version of the book, all uncomplimentary racial allusions have been omitted.
- Taro Aso in Forbes
I have now realized that I used an inappropriate allusion, and so am retracting my remarks and apologizing to all those who were offended,Aso told reporters Friday.
- Kanye West in SOHH
I was just showing them my new Louis,Kanye explained. "I can't show you too much of that, though. These aren't coming out until June." "It was an optical allusion. That didn't really happen."
- Christopher Ricks in CBS News
I don't think there's anybody that uses words better than he does,said Ricks, the author of highly regarded works of literary criticism such as "The Force of Poetry" and "Allusion to the Poets," as well as books on TS Eliot,...