algae : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves
- The fuel would actually be carbon-neutral, because algae consume carbon dioxide as they grow.
- Fred Tennant thinks algae those slimy little creatures from your biology textbook will save the world.
- A massive algae bloom off Qingdao threatens to spoil the Beijing Games' water sports.
News & Articles
- Toxic blue green algae boom at Lake Champlain expected
With the hot summer months approaching, more than 100 Lake Champlain Committee volunteers are preparing for a toxic algae boom. “When you get a couple days of 90 degree weather, calm, still…That's when you would most expect to find a bloom,” said Lake Champlain Committee staff scientist Mike Winslow. Winslow explained that the potentially dangerous water plant has a distinctive look. “The blue ...
June 18, 2013 - WPTZ Burlington
- Algae International Group Hires National IR PR
New Algae Public Company Listed OTCBB: ALGA. (PRWeb June 17, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10836702.htm
June 17, 2013 - PRWeb
- Algae toxin detected at Clermont County park
The state has posted warnings for toxic blue-green algae at East Fork State Park in Clermont County. Ohio Department of Natural Resources officials posted warnings at the park’s campground beach after tests detected an algae-produced liver toxin in the lake water.
June 15, 2013 - The Columbus Dispatch
- Vinod Khosla in Seattle Post Intelligencer
I'm convinced algae will work, but it'll take a different, out-of-the-box approach,said Silicon Valley billionaire Vinod Khosla, delivering the keynote address at the Algae Biomass Summit in Seattle last month.
- Ron Moore in Zap2it.com
I think it was somewhere around the midpoint of [last] season, when we were working on the story where we'd gotten to the algae planet and discovered the templedevoted to the final five Cylons, executive producer Ron Moore told reporters Friday.