- n important European leguminous forage plant with trifoliate leaves and blue-violet flowers grown widely as a pasture and hay crop
- n leguminous plant grown for hay or forage
- One sultry Sunday morning in August 1928, a long-legged, eight-year-old youngster stood in his father's alfalfa patch near Santaquin, Utah.
- After a few weeks of chewing alfalfa, green caterpillars usually get a virus disease (wilt) that turns their insides to mush.
- It occurs in lettuce, wheat germs, alfalfa, egg yolks, liver.
News & Articles
- New ‘GMO-Free’ Label Approved by Agriculture Department
Good eggs. The USDA has approved an unprecedented rule for labels pertaining to genetically modified food, the Times reports. The department has given authority to the third-party Non-GMO Project to certify that various meat and egg products were produced "from animals that never ate feed containing genetically engineered ingredients like corn, soy and alfalfa." Basically, the rule adds some ...
June 21, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Big-rig carrying alfalfa overturns onto car on 91
ANAHEIM - A big-rig crashed on the 91 freeway Wednesday night, pinning a Lexus underneath its trailer packed with 32,000 pounds of alfalfa.
June 20, 2013 - Orange County Register
- BRUCE AGRA DEHY INC. The Ontario Forage Processor, is Now Accepting Alfalfa and Alfalfa-Timothy 'Growing Contracts ...
As of June 18, 2013 Bruce Agra Dehy Inc. The Ontario Forage Processor is accepting Alfalfa and/or Alfalfa-Timothy Growing Contracts from Farmers and Farmland Owners throughout Southwestern Ontario. These ...
June 19, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Jack London in USA Today
Jim Jeffries must emerge from his alfalfa farm and remove the golden smile from Jack Johnson's face,author Jack London wrote.
- St Jerome in Agri News
Dairyland' Seed's investment in R&D, its product portfolio and brand will strengthen our corn, soybean and alfalfa business,said Jerome Peribere, president and CEO of Dow AgroSciences.
- Alex Atamanenko in The Castlegar Source
Monsanto's genetically engineered alfalfa is as strongly opposed in Canada as it is in the US,concluded Atamanenko. "To protect farmers parliament needs to pass Bill C-474 as soon as it can be managed once parliament resumes in the fall."