- r in mentally perceptive and responsive way
she got through the day alertly, despite being on drugs
- His subject crouches alertly before him: a cowboy pointing a six-gun.
- A strong, slightly stooping figure strides in, bright eyes alertly scanning the crowd, smooth face breaking into a broad and irrepressible smile.
- William Randolph Hearst, in whose fertile mind the stern duties of a patriot and the hot desires of a journalist are constantly interbreeding, raised his head alertly at Japan's.
News & Articles
- Second no-hitter for Reds' Bailey
Second no-hitter for Reds' Bailey Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Published 11:13 pm, Tuesday, July 2, 2013 [...] no-hitter for Reds' Bailey Leadoff walk to Giants' Blanco in the seventh inning is only blemish First baseman Joey Votto alertly threw out Blanco as he tried to advance ...
July 3, 2013 - Albany Times Union
- Mike Price in El Paso Times
First of all, I'd like to compliment (head athletic trainer) Dawn Hearn for the great job she has done,UTEP coach Mike Price said in a news release. "If she hadn't alertly gone and gotten an MRI, Brandis might have been in big trouble. It...
- Robby Albarado in Brisnet.com
This is a very nice filly,Albarado said of Bay to Bay. "She broke alertly and at every point, she let me know she was in my hands."
- Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in Islamic Republic News Agency
Stressing that political tendencies should not be a trigger for discord, Ayatollah Khamenei said, "The axes of unity in Iran are the Islamic Republic, Islam and the Holy Quran and the Iranian nation has so far stood alertly against the plots of...