- n liveliness and eagerness
he accepted with alacrity
- Pamela responded with alacrity and joy once she heard that she had been chosen for the national soccer team.
- When their boss invited them to lunch, Diane and Tom accepted his invitation with alacrity.
- The startup company grabbed the chance to showcase their product with alacrity.
- Raymond Kelly in DNAinfo
New York can breathe a little easier today,NYPD Commissioner Raymond Kelly said Tuesday. "That's due in large measure to the investigative muscle and alacrity of NYPD detectives and FBI agents."
- Dennis Miller in USA Today
It's not just a game show where we're out there smacking buttons all the time and trying to do speed and alacrity. There's some sort of a whimsical walk through a person's life, sort of like Ralph Edwards on This Is Your Life,says Miller, who...
- Martin Luther King in Guerrilla News Network
The federal government, King pointed out, was appropriating "military funds with alacrity and generosity" - but "poverty funds with miserliness."