- n a Japanese martial art employing principles similar to judo
- Oh trained like a samurai, learning aikido for balance and practicing sword slices to perfect his swing.
- Seagal, a sixth-degree black belt in aikido, is steamed by the prospect of a blistering profile written by John Connolly, a former New York City police detective.
- Ovitz, 43, has pursued power with the fierce concentration of a student of aikido, the Japanese martial art that he practices each dawn.
News & Articles
- Aikido Martial Arts Summer Camp 2013
Aikido Camp is an exciting and completely different camp experience for children ages 5-15. The camp teaches self-defense in the martial art Aikido, helping kids to build confidence, focus, discipline and fitness. Other activities explore Japanese culture through language classes, meditation, traditional crafts, Manga, games, calligraphy, films, food and more. Chief Instructor Peter Bernath ...
June 22, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Shingo Katayama in USA Today
I won't be getting much bigger physically, so I've been studying Japanese martial arts to see how they can help me improve,Katayama said Tuesday at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan. "I've been looking at things like Aikido and...
- Akshay Kumar in Times of India
Martial arts is not about kicking ass only,Akshay said, "it's basically about developing self-confidence, mental balance, discipline and respect. I'm not saying do Karate only...... you can do anything, take up Judo, follow Aikido, learn...
- L Ron Hubbard in Voice of America
Speaking about what founder L. Ron Hubbard described as an "applied religious philosophy," Seinfeld said "I am very interested in self-help things. When I was a young man in my 20s, I would explore like meditation, and I studied Aikido and...