- n how long something has existed
it was replaced because of its age
- n an era of history having some distinctive feature
we live in a litigious age
- n a time of life (usually defined in years) at which some particular qualification or power arises
she was now of school age
- n a prolonged period of time
we've known each other for ages
- n a late time of life
old age is not for sissies
age hasn't slowed him down at all
- v begin to seem older; get older
The death of his wife caused him to age fast
- v grow old or older
She aged gracefully
we age every day--what a depressing thought!
- v make older
The death of his child aged him tremendously
- This, he finds, coincides with the age at which men sire most children and break most sports records.
- And at age 36, Combs is worth an estimated $315 million.
- Out of southeastern Brazil last week came a strange tale of Stone Age savages living furtive lives only a few score miles from modern civilization.
News & Articles
- Study details age disparities in HIV continuum of care
Age disparities exist in the continuum of care for patients with the human immunodeficiency virus with people younger than 45 years less likely to be aware of their infection or to have a suppressed viral load, according to a report published online first by JAMA Internal Medicine, a JAMA Network publication.
June 17, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Advertising Age Increases Attention to Cannes Lions As Organizers Expect 25% of Attendees to be Marketers
NEW YORK, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Attention from Advertising Age and Creativity to the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity kicks into high gear today with the release of a comprehensive, ...
June 17, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Photos: Jazz Age Lawn Party Brings Governors Island Back In Time
The weather was stellar for the 8th Annual Jazz Age Lawn Party this weekend on Governors Island, where sharply dressed gents and free-spirited flappers flocked for two days of dancing, picnicking and atavistic merriment. Headlined by the irresistible Michael Arenella and His Dreamland Orchestra, the whole affair was saturated in self-imposed sepia, with vintage beaded dresses and waxed ...
June 17, 2013 - Gothamist
- Barack Obama in Seattle Times
Our economy is badly weakened, a consequence of greed and irresponsibility on the part of some, but also on our collective failure to make hard choices and prepare the nation for a new age,Obama said.
- Mel Gibson in CNN
I had such great hope for him,said Mel Gibson, who played Ledger's father in "The Patriot," in a statement. "He was just taking off and to lose his life at such a young age is a tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his...
- Kurt Vonnegut in Aljazeera.net
When Hemingway killed himself, he put a period at the end of his life. Old age is more like a semicolon,Vonnegut told The Associated Press in 2005.