- n an impure form of quartz consisting of banded chalcedony; used as a gemstone and for making mortars and pestles
- When the 18th century Florentine ebony chest inlaid with amethyst quartz, agate, lapis lazuli and other stones sold for $36 million at a 2004 Christie's auction, it broke its own .
- In Robert Powell, Zeffirelli found the Jesus of a million dining-room icons: agate-blue eyes, cheeks that didn't need to be sucked in for that dishy aesthetic look, a strength .
- It infuriates him, for instance, to see agate defined as "a variegated chalcedony, having its colors arranged in stripes.
News & Articles
- Agate Beach Junior Camp gets golf’s next generation started
Monday and Tuesday of this week, the golfers using the practice facilities at Agate Beach Golf Course seemed shorter than usual. No one had been shrunk, though; it was the course’s annual Junior Golf Camp.
June 21, 2013 - Newport News-Times
- Jeff Taylor in Business Wire (press release)
Individuals have been restricted by the cost of the agate line of a newspaper,explains Taylor. "Just as the help wanted classifieds have been transformed to the Web, Eons brings the obituary notice into the 21st century by offering...
- Jay Inslee in Seattle Post Intelligencer
Under the Republicans, trying to get environmental legislation through Congress "was like rowing north against a southbound current on Agate Pass," Inslee said.