- n the part of the day between noon and evening
he spent a quiet afternoon in the park
- n a conventional expression of greeting or farewell
- Mafia Don Carmine Galante is gunned down in Brooklyn On a hot, muggy afternoon last week, four men sat at an oilcloth-covered table shaded by grapevines behind the Joe and.
- Several publishers continue to be fascinated and frightened by the possibility of putting out a new afternoon paper for New York.
- Sharma was bowling to Sehwag one afternoon when dusk fell, and the coach suggested they call it a day.
News & Articles
- ‘Afternoon Story Time’ offered
The Santa Maria Public Library is offering “Afternoon Story Time” on Tuesday afternoons through July 23 for elementary school children grades one and up.
June 19, 2013 - Santa Maria Times
- Afternoon fire damages Wausau home
Wausau firefighters on Tuesday afternoon responded to a house fire that damaged a garage and home on the city's northeast side.
June 19, 2013 - Wausau Daily Herald
- Two afternoon downpours soak Decatur area
DECATUR - Tuesday’s official afternoon rainfall total of just under an inch at Decatur Airport didn’t come close to telling the full weather story in the city.
June 19, 2013 - Herald & Review
- Barack Obama in BBC News
North Korea broke the rules once more by testing a rocket that could be used for a long-range missile,Mr Obama told a crowd in the Czech capital, Prague. "This provocation underscores the need for action - not just this afternoon at the UN...
- Graeme McDowell in AFP
I'm probably as ready to go into the weekend of a major as I've ever been,said McDowell, who won the Celtic Manor Wales Open a fortnight ago for a fifth European Tour title. "That doesn't mean my name's on the trophy this Sunday afternoon....
- Lindsey Graham in ABC News
We're going to talk this afternoon,Graham said, "but I think it goes along the lines that now is the time to lower tax rates for investors--capital gains tax, dividend tax rates--to make sure that we can get the economy jump-started. The...