- n a potent carcinogen from the fungus Aspergillus; can be produced and stored for use as a bioweapon
- And Saddam has produced anthrax in large amounts, along with botulinum, a poison that kills by paralyzing the victim, and aflatoxin, a carcinogen.
- Administration officials cite the thousands of tons of chem-bio agents the Iraqis have never accounted for, including huge quantities of anthrax, botulinum toxin, aflatoxin and .
- Prior to the Gulf War, according to the Iraqi government, Baghdad produced 8,400 liters of anthrax, 19,000 liters of botulinum and 2,000 liters each of aflatoxin and clostridium.
News & Articles
- Foods toxins that can cause cervical, liver cancer
Mexican scientists identified and quantified the amount of aflatoxins (carcinogenic) in food such as corn tortilla, rice, chili pepper, processed sauces, chicken breast and eggs, and revealed its relationship with cervical and liver cancer in humans.
Oct. 1, 2013 - Science Daily
- Raila Odinga in The Standard
While results of the final test are not yet available, it is only prudent to conclude that aflatoxin contamination is widespread and serious in Eastern and parts of Coast provinces,Raila said.
- Bill Clinton in Baxter Bulletin
Clinton said at the time, "there were substantial quantities of botulinum and aflatoxin, as I recall, some bioagents" in addition to some "chemical agents" such as VX and ricin that were "unaccounted for."
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
The EU wants groundnut kernels and processed products with aflatoxin levels below five parts per billion (PPB) for human consumption and below eight PPB for bird feed. Many consignments have been rejected by EU on grounds of high aflatoxin... Mukesh http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mukesh&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGBK64NmMfj0YKt652xxLcKs-zGLw Indian Express http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.indianexpress.com/news/EU-ban-threat-looms-as-groundnut-growers-grapple-with-aflatoxin/463880&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGK_UDqgXdbnIh91BLtdOZCkYfxsg May 21, 2009
1876 2526 afloat In the last six months, AIG has received substantial sums from the US Treasury," Mr. Obama said. "How do they justify this outrage to the taxpayers who are keeping the company afloat?"