affidavit : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n written declaration made under oath; a written statement sworn to be true before someone legally authorized to administer an oath
- Exactly when the affidavit was presented to Smith (if it was after the FBI talked to her, as her lawyer maintains, that's not good for Condit).
- The affidavit details multiple incidents involving efforts by Blagojevich to obtain campaign contributions in connection with his official actions as governor, including these .
- Do you admit or deny that you viewed a copy of the affidavit executed by Monica Lewinsky on January 7, 1998, in the case of Jones v.
News & Articles
- Affidavit: Emmett church fires hid burglaries
The two suspects who were arrested in connection with the Emmett church fires lived just a short walk from the churches. Police found items stolen from the churches at the men's home, according to an affidavit.
June 8, 2013 - The Idaho Statesman
- Affidavit: Maine Murder Suspect Groped Victim
Affidavit: Maine murder suspect groped teenage victim night before she disappeared
June 6, 2013 - ABC News
- Affidavit ballot once rejected now accepted
In day two of the affidavit count, election officials were met with a big surprise this morning after it was discovered affidavit ballots were left overnight in an open vault inside an unlocked City Hall.
June 6, 2013 - Hattiesburg American
- Roland Burris in FOXNews
There were several facts that I was not given the opportunity to make during my testimony,Burris said in a statement provided to FOX News. "I voluntarily submitted an affidavit so everything was transparent."
- Mike Nifong in Washington Post
Obviously the person who filed this affidavit is someone who tried unsuccessfully to defeat me in the political process,Nifong told The Associated Press in an interview Friday. "Now that the voters have chosen someone other than who she...
- Tim Russert in International Herald Tribune
I'd like to answer it to the best of my ability,Russert said. "This is a very simple question. Either it's in the affidavit or it's not?"