aesthetics : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (art) the branch of philosophy dealing with beauty and taste (emphasizing the evaluative criteria that are applied to art)
traditional aesthetics assumed the existence of universal and timeless criteria of artistic value
- n (philosophy) a philosophical theory as to what is beautiful
- It has been attributed to everything from a history of oppression and assimilation to media-influenced notions of beauty and simple personal aesthetics.
- At the same time, women are generally both looking for sexual attractiveness and overall aesthetics in potential partners' faces, but, as the ability to separate these assessments .
- For most intents and purposes, aesthetics collapsed in 1970 under the weight of Theodor Adorno's Aesthetic Theory.
News & Articles
- VOLKSWAGEN TIGUAN
The 2013 Volkswagen Tiguan brings new standards of design aesthetics, driving dynamics, safety features, and precision German engineering to one of the fastest-growing segments of the market.
June 21, 2013 - The Palm Beach Post
- New Yorker cover artist Ivan Brunetti reveals the full range of his art, in Aesthetics: A Memoir
In Aesthetics: A Memoir, Brunetti traces his artistic trajectory and output, from youthful doodles to his latest cover illustrations and comic strips.
June 19, 2013 - Art Daily
- Med Aesthetics Miami Launches Sublative Skin Rejuvenation Treatments
Med Aesthetics Miami, one of the premier skin rejuvenation clinics in Miami, has received new technology from Syneron Candela. The new sublative skin rejuvenation treatments offered by the company include acne treatment and advance methods to smooth out fine lines, wrinkles and textural irregularities. (PRWeb June 18, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6 ...
June 18, 2013 - PRWeb
- Brad Pitt in International Herald Tribune
The misunderstanding of architecture is that it's all about aesthetics,Pitt said. "It's not. First and foremost, it's about function."
- Eliot Spitzer in BusinessWeek
It could very well be that one of the most important defenders of classical music will be found in the country of China. I think the Chinese people, who have shown their passion and very, very high sense of aesthetics, are an ideal spawning ground... Lorin Maazel http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorin_Maazel&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFEZvfe1vM0qybjjcREHKoKW_wmaQ International Herald Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2008/02/23/arts/AS-A-E-MUS-China-NY-Philharmonic.php&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHUIsqtaKHju_6uJBmNcvWtFwlGvQ Feb 23, 2008
1738 2413 aesthetics Spitzer called the design a compromise between the security needs that are real and pure aesthetics."