aesthete : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n one who professes great sensitivity to the beauty of art and nature
- Szarkowski, an aesthete to the fingertips, will have none of it.
- James Woods begins playing besieged Cincinnati museum director Dennis Barrie less as a saint than a fish-out-of-SoHo aesthete.
- Being a collector turns you into an aesthete, a financier, a voyager, a voyeur and a scholar.
News & Articles
- Rag & Bone’s Former Menswear Designer Starts His Own Line
Although Nathan Bogle was one of the original co-founders of Rag & Bone's menswear line in 2004, he left shortly after it rose to prominence in 2006 and is now barely a footnote in its history. In an interview with the Aesthete, he declines to say much about his departure from ... More »
June 18, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Shirley Manson in Melbourne Herald Sun
I look at a lot of the female-fronted bands at the moment and most of the women are interchangeable. They seem reluctant to do something different,Manson says. "I think perhaps rock'n'roll in general has been defined by a male aesthete and...
- Hisham Matar in Boston Globe (registration)
Matar told The Observer that he "would have liked to write a book that had nothing to do with politics," that "ultimately I am a sensualist and an aesthete."
- Alexander Benois in guardian.co.uk
Scheijen provides superb glimpses of his personality in action: "part over-sensitive aesthete, part coarse Hussar", as his friend Alexandre Benois said, with his extraordinary laugh: "The hinges of his jaws opened to expose a vast interior...