- v close at the end of a session
The court adjourned
- v break from a meeting or gathering
We adjourned for lunch
- Shockingly, the parallels between Iran's attempts to gag the press and Nancy Pelosi's decision to adjourn Congress before taking a vote on an energy bill last August were lost on .
- Workers of Turin's Michelin tire plant, voting as the eighth congress was about to adjourn, registered a drop in Communist strength (from 60% to 26% of the total vote), to throw .
- Last year he predicted it would adjourn June 21.
News & Articles
- Garden club talks floriculture show
EUREKA -- The Eureka Sequoia Garden Club will meet Friday at the Redwood Acres Fairgrounds, 3750 Harris St. The meeting starts at 11 a.m. in the Turf Club building with the program, and will adjourn at 1:30 p.
June 20, 2013 - Eureka Times-Standard
- French footballers' underage prostitute trial adjourned to 2014
PARIS (Reuters) - The trial of French football stars Franck Ribery and Karim Benzema over claims they paid for sex with an underage call girl was adjourned for procedural reasons on Tuesday until 2014. Benzema, a Real Madrid striker, and Ribery, a Bayern Munich winger, are to be tried on charges of paying Zahia Dehar, a prostitute-turned-fashion muse, for sex in 2008 and 2009, when she was only ...
June 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Mpls. Dems adjourn without agreeing on mayor pick
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Minneapolis' Democratic convention has adjourned without any candidate getting the votes needed for the party's endorsement for mayor in November.
June 16, 2013 - WDAY 6 Fargo
- Ed Gillespie in Guardian Unlimited
We understood after immigration reform failed that this is not a Congress that's likely to pass big things,said Ed Gillespie, the president's counselor. "Once they adjourn for the Fourth of July, it's hard to imagine they'll do much beyond...
- Raila Odinga in International Herald Tribune
A statement signed by both President Mwai Kibaki and his prime minister Raila Odinga, leader of the opposition, said, "We have made substantial progress but we have decided to adjourn the consultations until tomorrow afternoon."
- Charles Schumer in Reuters
The consensus is: A, people don't like it; B, it will have to change; and C, we have to do something,Schumer said on CNBC. "I certainly think we'll get it done before we adjourn. The odds are very high that it will happen."