- a of or pertaining to the adenoids
- s sounding as if the nose were pinched
- Radio commercials are full of "roars, grunts, squawks, yaps, burps, and a mixture of adenoidal and .
- His adenoidal diction suggests that he learned English from records played at the wrong speed.
- Her hat flopping, her glasses riding low on her nose, the reporter is a study in adenoidal intensity.
- Kenneth Tynan in Independent
Kenneth Tynan, later reviewing her performances in high comedy, said * * they had been enriched by Williams and revue with "the arched eyebrow, the appalled glare, the outrageous double take, the adenoidal gurgle, the wince of disgust".