- n a person who adds numbers
- n a machine that adds numbers
- n small terrestrial viper common in northern Eurasia
- Seeing the adder, the schaap-tecker gulped hard to get its meal down safely; but the quick adder got hold of the frog's right hind leg, started swallowing the prize from that end.
- Suffering from a bad case of flu, Bary was about to clean the adder's cage when he felt dizzy, thrust an arm through the open door, attempting to steady himselfwhereupon the .
- Fans of Fox's megahit talent shownot to mention its contestantshave few kind words for the adder-tongued English judge.
- Cate Blanchett in USA Today
You do have to worry about men in tights,says Blanchett, once more speaking on his behalf. "You've got to find a way of not making it look like Black Adder. It has been much parodied."
- Greg Schiano in The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
William Perlman/The Star-LedgerRutgers coach Greg Schiano calls new wide receivers coach PJ Fleck an "energy-adder.Finding new wide receivers coach PJ Fleck during Rutgers football practices isn't difficult."
- Bret McKenzie in Toronto Star
We like some TV comedy series,says McKenzie cautiously. "The Black Adder. Garry Shandling." "We ran out of ideas after the first episode of Series 1. We just keep disguising the fact."