- n a word formed from the initial letters of the several words in the name
- Today's acronyms, designed to be time-and labor-saving devices, are often harder to use than the words they are meant to replace.
- The other obvious difference is that the acronyms in this announcement aren't nearly as much fun to play around with.
- The acronym had staying poweras has the epidemic.
News & Articles
- Mayor of Bridgeport Endorses Veterans Across America's Plan to Employ Veterans as Mentors and Life Coaches for Inner ...
NEW YORK, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Mayor Bill Finch of Bridgeport, Connecticut has endorsed Project VALOR, Veterans Across America's plan to employ returning veterans as mentors to at risk, inner city youth in economically disadvantaged urban communities. (VALOR is an acronym for Veteran Adult Leadership for Operation Re-Deployment.) Veterans Across America (VAA), a 501(c)(3 ...
June 19, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! News
- Trust key issue in hunt for weapons
Past ColumnsHere's what we know so far: The reason we went to war was to disarm Saddam Hussein, a very bad man who, according to our leaders, had stockpiles of WMDs, the household acronym for weapons of mass destruction.
June 19, 2013 - Grand Island Independent
- Spain Garners a Bull Call
It was just over a year ago that yields on Spanish 10-year sovereign bonds surged over 7.6 percent. Investors fretted that the "S" in the infamous PIIGS acronym was headed for
June 18, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Jimmie Johnson in SI.com
Those guys really are racers and that acronym really means something,said three-time Cup champion Jimmie Johnson. "They have always been competitive and dominant in whatever division they race in. I think today's world has hurt some teams...
- Shaun Hart in ABC Online
From the Lions days, in term of what I most want to see happen, is the abiding by the acronym RARE, which stands for recognition, appreciation, reward and encouragement,Hart said.
- Marcus Gronholm in autosport.com
A lot of people who are involved with regulation by this agency probably know that acronym, but we ought not assume it. It is Business and Professional Regulation. That's not hard to say so we ought to just go ahead and say it and make it easier... Charlie Crist http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Crist&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEAQcomwprwqFUQ6OwKQM7xSnQdRg Bradenton Herald http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/16411433.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQhkuvef2fQ_jkVDhsMe3Bnivxig Jan 8, 2007
1000 1533 acropolis Victory in Italy put me back into the lead of the championship. The next two rallies give me the opportunity to build on that lead," said Gronholm. "The Acropolis is traditionally a strong event for Ford while the first event after the...