acromegaly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n enlargement of bones of hands and feet and face; often accompanied by headache and muscle pain and emotional disturbances; caused by overproduction of growth hormone by the anterior pituitary gland (due to a tumor)
- In the adult it can cause acromegaly (a localized form of gigantism, with enlargement of the jaw and extremities), can also aggravate diabetes and may speed the spread of cancer .
- Warning: too much of the hormone, especially in adults, produces acromegaly, a form of giantism characterized by huge hands, feet and lower jaws.
- Something went wrong with Maurice's glandular system (probably acromegaly) when he was very young, but his mother still called him Ange.
- Glenn in Earthtimes (press release)
Based on the results seen in our Phase II acromegaly studies, we are pleased to continue the clinical development of the octreotide implant in acromegaly, said Glenn L. Cooper , MD, chairman and chief executive officer of Indevus. "There...
- Stafford Lightman in Earthtimes
These preliminary data confirm that C2L is very effective at reducing GH, IGF-1 and clinical symptoms in acromegaly patients, with minimal side effects, said Professor Stafford Lightman, Professor of Medicine, University of Bristol and...