- n a sharp bitterness
- n a sharp sour taste
- n a rough and bitter manner
- As he spits out retorts with majestic acerbity, you think for a minute that he's right and the Agency is wrong that he knows too much or has dug too deep.
- For all his acerbity, Dole has a first-rate sense of humor, even about himself.
- After bruising some Harvard egos with his acerbity, he has launched a $2 million student-aid plan that might help soften his image.
- Peter Hitchens in Independent
Peter Hitchens, of the Mail on Sunday, says: "I remember howls of rage, walk-outs and factional baying at Labour conferences, along with genuinely contested elections for office, and even some acerbity over the European Union at Tory ones," he...