access : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the right to enter
- n the right to obtain or make use of or take advantage of something (as services or membership)
- n a way of entering or leaving
he took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge
- n a code (a series of characters or digits) that must be entered in some way (typed or dialed or spoken) to get the use of something (a telephone line or a computer or a local area network etc.)
- n (computer science) the operation of reading or writing stored information
- n the act of approaching or entering
he gained access to the building
- v obtain or retrieve from a storage device; as of information on a computer
- v reach or gain access to
How does one access the attic in this house?
- With an ambitious new plan, the city hopes to provide a nationwide model that grants health access to all.
- Who knows, when everyone has access to the same data, maybe the next big discovery in astronomy will be made by an amateur? There are hundreds of terabytes of digitized sky .
- Who should have access to our medical records and our financial information, and how will that access be controlled? Will we be able to search and use the vast information stored .
News & Articles
- Access to Logan Pass from east side opens Saturday
Vehicles will be able to access Logan Pass in Glacier Park from the east side of the Going-to-the-Sun Road beginning this Saturday, June 15. Vehicles on the west side can travel as far as Avalanche Creek. All 50 miles of the road is anticipated to be open to vehicle travel by Friday, June 21.
June 14, 2013 - Whitefish Pilot
- Access Community Action Agency to offer employment program
The Access Community Action Agency will host the Climb the Ladder to a Better Future Program from 9 a.m. to noon starting June 19 in Willimantic and Danielson.
June 13, 2013 - The Norwich Bulletin
- Gmail access disrupted in Iran ahead of election
Access to Google's Gmail service appears to be disrupted in Iran just days before the country's presidential election.
June 13, 2013 - TechWorld
- Barack Obama in New York Daily News
The information was there,Obama said. "Agencies and analysts who needed it had access to it."
- President Bush in United Press International
This bill provides the necessary tools and funding to help protect our economy against a system-wide breakdown,Bush said in a statement released by the White House. "The bill will help allow access to credit so American families can meet...
- Elena Kagan in The Associated Press
We were trying to make sure that military recruiters had full and complete access to our students,Kagan told Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions, "and we were also trying to protect our anti-discriminatory policy. So we were trying to do both of...