- n symptom consisting of a localized collection of pus surrounded by inflamed tissue
- This newspaper – not only on its editorial page but also in its news columns – is an abscess of smug, unexamined left-wing assumption, which is just as unhealthy as smug, unexamined right-wing assumption.
- Packing the abscess cavity with gauze failed to stop bleeding.
- The surgeon swiftly lanced the abscess.
- Dr Gary I Wadler in KCTV5 News
It is far less likely that any injection of vitamin B12 or lidocaine, which is usually not injected deep into the body, would have created an abscess,said Dr. Gary I. Wadler, a member of the World Anti-Doping Agency, according to the Times....
- Mike Holmgren in San Jose Mercury News
We thought it was a little pull or tear or something, and it turned out he had an abscess in there,Holmgren said.
- Henry Cecil in Sportinglife.com
Connections revealed last Friday that Passage Of Time had been troubled by a small throat abscess, and Cecil added: "I was always a bit worried about the abscess in her epiglottis because they can be a nuisance. It's not bothering her, but they can...