aboard : Definition, Usages, News and More
- r on a ship, train, plane or other vehicle
- r on first or second or third base
Their second homer with Bob Allison aboard
- r side by side
anchored close aboard another ship
- r part of a group
Bill's been aboard for three years now
- Although 16 civilians were aboard, they did little more than "pretend to drive" the submarine during the rapid ascent drill, Navy officers said.
- As passengers climb aboard, the driver collects their $65 balance.
- First, a Key Westbound Air Florida 737 with 33 people aboard was commandeered by a Spanish-speaking man wielding a "bomb" that turned out to be a box containing a bar of soap.
News & Articles
- All Aboard!
Photograph courtesy of the Saratoga Historical FoundationAll Aboard! In 1903, Saratoga's first Peninsular Interurban station was built at the corner of Big Basin Way and Sunnyvale-Saratoga Road, not far from the Foothill Clubhouse.
June 11, 2013 - Saratoga News
- Southwest Youth Leadership Conference held aboard Lexington Museum on the Bay
The Southwest Youth Leadership Conference is being held aboard the Lexington Museum on the Bay through Thursday. The 65 youths attending the event from high schools in Texas, Oklahoma and Mississippi attend workshops during the five-day conference. They also get to spend four nights sleep aboard the decommissioned aircraft carrier.
June 11, 2013 - Corpus Christi Caller-Times
- Baby Sea Lion Hops Aboard Boat, Snuggles with Fisherman
An Orange County, California man had what he describes as a once in a lifetime experience. J.R. Gilkinson was out on his boat off the coast of Newport Beach when suddenly, a baby sea lion hopped aboard. In a six-minute video shot on Gilkinson's cellphone, he records as the sea lion approaches his boat, climbs [...]
June 10, 2013 - Trending Now via Yahoo! News
- Michael Fincke in FOXNews
That's our only access to the World Wide Web aboard the space station at this time,noted Fincke.
- Tony Hayward in AFP
The explosion and fire aboard the Deepwater Horizon and the resulting oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico never should have happened -- and I am deeply sorry that they did,said Hayward, describing himself as "personally devastated." "None of...
- Barack Obama in BusinessWeek
We need to determine just how the suspect was able to bring dangerous explosives aboard an aircraft and what additional steps we can take to thwart future attacks,Obama said.