abet : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing
- The Minister thought that the law enforcers were not watching and he went ahead to aid and abet the drug mafia.
- We cannot abet and reward the unconscionable practices that triggered this crisis.
- The principal warned that any incident of ragging not only will invite punishment for the perpetrators but also for those who abet the incident.
News & Articles
- Letter: Pandering patriotism
Arlene Rutstein, Bonita Springs: 'Shhh', says Uncle Sam, with index finger over his mouth. Remember those World War II posters cautioning us to be silent lest we aid and abet the enemy? But times have changed.
June 26, 2013 - Naples Daily News
- Two Asheboro men charged with Tuesday kidnapping, robbery
ASHEBORO — Two men were apprehended Tuesday evening after robbing and kidnapping two men in their residence on Walton Court in Asheboro early Tuesday morning. Daniel Edward Gatewood, 21, 141 Clodfelter Trail, Randleman, was charged with two counts of second degree kidnapping, aid and abet armed robbery, felony larceny, possession of stolen property and larceny of a firearm.
June 26, 2013 - Asheboro Courier-Tribune