abducting : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v take away to an undisclosed location against their will and usually in order to extract a ransom
- v pull away from the body
- a especially of muscles; drawing away from the midline of the body or from an adjacent part
- The FBI says killer truckers are abducting prostitutes and other women at truck stops, raping them and leaving their bodies along the nation's highways.
- Convicted arsonist Ottis Elwood Toole twice confessed to abducting Adam Walsh, 6, whose 1981 disappearance inspired his father John's advocacy for missing children.
- A fast-spreading sect named Lightning from the East is alarming Christian communities across China by winning large numbers of converts to its unorthodox tenets, often by abducting .
News & Articles
- Police Seek Corona Man Suspected Of Abducting, Beating Girlfriend
Police are seeking the public's help in locating a Corona man suspected of abducting and severely beating his girlfriend during a domestic dispute.
June 12, 2013 - CBS 2 Los Angeles
- Ariel Castro pleads not guilty to 329 charges in Cleveland kidnappings
Ariel Castro, the Cleveland man accused of abducting three women and torturing them during a decade of captivity, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to 329 criminal counts, including kidnapping and rape.Castro entered the plea at a brief hearing. He bowed his head the entire time.The women — Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight — escaped May 6 after Berry broke through a storm door and ...
June 12, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Not-guilty plea in kidnapping
Ariel Castro, the Cleveland man accused of abducting three women and torturing them during a decade of captivity, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to 329 criminal counts, including kidnapping and rape.
June 12, 2013 - MSN
- Norman Kember in Canada.com
We unconditionally forgive our captors for abducting and holding us,Canadians Harmeet Singh Sooden and James Loney and Briton Norman Kember said in a statement released to coincide with a news conference in London. "We have no desire to...
- Mark Thompson in Los Angeles Times
Meanwhile, Thompson said, the BBC is "increasingly concerned about the physical and mental toll his incarceration must be taking on him. There is no possible justification for abducting a journalist in this way," Thompson said.
- Bertie Ahern in USA Today
Irish Prime Minister Bertie Ahern said "those responsible for abducting Margaret stand condemned by everyone throughout the entire international community."