abduct : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v take away to an undisclosed location against their will and usually in order to extract a ransom
- v pull away from the body
this muscle abducts
- Their monitoring over recent months has noted increasing calls to abduct foreigners as part of the wider surge of terrorist activity in the region.
- If he thinks that he can unconstitutionally and unlawfully abduct the Minister and send him back to exile, well, there are very serious ramifications which we will watch unfold in the coming days and weeks.
- Last season the evil aliens seemed to do little but abduct unsuspecting earthlings and transform them into blank-eyed automatons.
News & Articles
- PD: Man tries to abduct girl in Glendale
Glendale police are asking for the public's help identifying a man who tried to abduct a young girl Thursday.
June 19, 2013 - ABC 15 Phoenix
- Communist Rebels in Philippines Abduct 5 Soldiers
Philippine military says communist rebels abduct 5 unarmed army soldiers in south
June 18, 2013 - ABC News
- Police searching for man who attempted to abduct child
A man attempted to abduct a 10-year-old girl in Pacifica Sunday evening, according to police. The victim told police that while she was in the area of Beach Boulevard and Santa Rosa Avenue, a man approached her and told her she was coming with him, according to police Chief Jim Tasa.
June 17, 2013 - San Mateo Daily Journal
- Asadullah Khalid in New York Times
This is against Afghan culture to abduct a woman,Mr. Khalid said. "She trusted the Afghan nation and respected them, that's why she was traveling without security guards and actually she didn't ask for security." "This kind of...
- Morgan Tsvangirai in Daily Times
The world is hearing and the world is seeing that Mugabe is asking Zimbabweans to maim, abduct and kill other Zimbabweans as a campaign strategy,Tsvangirai wrote in a letter to supporters on Friday.
- Jonathan Edington in Newsday
I immediately became consumed by fear of Mr. James, who I thought would again attack, and possibly abduct, either my own daughter or other neighborhood children,Edington wrote in a letter claiming to be from him in an envelope stamped as...