- n any of various large edible marine gastropods of the genus Haliotis having an ear-shaped shell with pearly interior
- Equally promising, we'll soon make solar cells like leaves, supertough ceramics that resemble the inner shells of abalone, and underwater glue that mimics the natural as forests.
- Or breaded sauted abalone when I'm in Monterey.
- Then, the dish: Sounds of the Sea, a mixture of abalone and seaweed, lined with sand-like (and somewhat crunchy) tapioca.
News & Articles
- Abalone diver drowns in waters off Northern California
SANTA ROSA -- An abalone diver has drowned in the waters off Northern California. Sonoma County Coroner's Det. Jody Olney says lifeguards pulled the 60-year-old man from the water off Salt Point State Park Saturday morning.
June 16, 2013 - Contra Costa Times
- Abalone diver drowns in waters off Northern CA
An abalone diver has drowned in the waters off Northern California.
June 16, 2013 - Channel 8 San Diego
- Abalone diver drowns in waters north of Jenner
An abalone diver has drowned in the waters off Sonoma County coastline. Sonoma County Coroner's Det. Jody Olney says lifeguards pulled the 60-year-old man from the water off Salt Point State Park Saturday morning. Efforts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful. His name was being withheld pending notification of relatives. The Press Democrat says the state park is a popular destination for ...
June 16, 2013 - KTVU
- Marthinus van Schalkwyk in Africasia
I remain of the view that the abalone resource is endangered due to ecological changes and poaching. This fishery is in a crisis and should be managed as an emergency. The closure of the abalone fishery is the right thing to do,said Van...
- Jet Li in Inquirer.net
We like shark's fin and abalone. We think this is the best food and treat friends to it. But Westerners may think that the best Chinese food is fried spring rolls and sweet and sour pork, or hot and sour soup,Li said.
- Billy Jones in Washington Post
We've had good successes, especially toward the end of last year, where we seized huge quantities of abalone ...... this is just the tip of the iceberg,said Captain Billy Jones, a spokesman for the Western Cape provincial police.