- n the capital of the United States in the District of Columbia and a tourist mecca; George Washington commissioned Charles L'Enfant to lay out the city in 1791
- n a state in northwestern United States on the Pacific
- n the federal government of the United States
- n 1st President of the United States; commander-in-chief of the Continental Army during the American Revolution (1732-1799)
- n United States educator who was born a slave but became educated and founded a college at Tuskegee in Alabama (1856-1915)
News & Articles
- Washington lawmakers edge closer to final deal
Washington lawmakers edged closer to a final budget deal Friday, aided by an agreement on fixing the state's estate tax, the prospect of an unexpected revenue boost and fresh signs of compromise. The estate ...
June 14, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Washington Examiner ends local coverage
WASHINGTON — The Washington Examiner is ending local coverage. The last edition of the free newspaper that covered D.C.-area news for eight years is on newsstands Friday, carrying the headline “Thank you, Washington.” A new website and weekly magazine focused on national politics will debut next week. The paper’s Denver-based parent company, Clarity Media Group, [...]
June 14, 2013 - The Daily Record
- Washington Trust Appoints Gim Head of $4.4B Wealth Management Group
Washington Trust recently announced that Mark Gim of Barrington, R.I. has been appointed Executive Vice President, Wealth Management and Treasurer. In his new role, Gim is responsible for establishing and executing strategy for Washington Trust Wealth Management, a division of The Washington Trust Company.
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance