- n the whole body of the Jewish sacred writings and tradition including the oral tradition
- n the first of three divisions of the Hebrew Scriptures comprising the first five books of the Hebrew Bible considered as a unit
- n (Judaism) the scroll of parchment on which the first five books of the Hebrew Scripture is written; is used in a synagogue during services
- There is no mention in the Torah of a messiah.
- It's an interesting, if debatable contention, but equally interesting is the authorities Levine cites as he makes his argument: the Jewish torah, the mishna (transcribed oral law .
News & Articles
- Torah readers will be honored at luncheon
Congregation Neve Shalom of Metuchen will honor its Torah readers on Shabbat morning, June 22, at a free luncheon following the 9:30 a.m. service. The event will recognize individuals who have chanted Torah, Haftarah or Megillot, led services or taught adult education courses. For more information, contact Hazzan Levin at 732-548-2238, ext. 14 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
June 18, 2013 - Edison-Metuchen Sentinel
- Celebrating the Torah in Warwick
Rabbi Sholom Kass, a scribe, fills in a letter of the Torah during a celebration of Chabad of Orange County's acquisition of an old Torah, celebrated Sunday at the home of Jonah Mandelbaum in Warwick.
June 17, 2013 - Middletown Times Herald-Record
- Torah Study Group resumes at Bowdoin
BRUNSWICK — The Torah Study Group, or Havurah, initiated by Rabbi Simeon J. Maslin of Harpswell and Philadelphia 11 summers ago, will resume on Saturday, June 15, at 10 a.m. at Bowdoin College’s Kanbar Hall. read more
June 14, 2013 - The Times Record
- Angelina Jolie in Us Magazine
Brad and I are raising our children to respect everyone,she says of Maddox, 8, Pax, 6, Zahara, 5, Shiloh, 4 and twins Vivienne and Knox, who turn 2 this Monday. "We have a bookshelf in the house that has the Bible, the Torah, the Koran,...
- Meir Porush in Forbes
The state of Israel was only invented 60 years ago, but studying Torah has been done for as long as Jews have been a people,said Meir Porush, an ultra-Orthodox lawmaker. "One of the characteristics of the People of the Book is studying,...