- n Indian nun and missionary in the Roman Catholic Church (born of Albanian parents in what is now Macedonia); dedicated to helping the poor in India (1910-1997)
News & Articles
- Teresa Abadi of Jamaica Plain, escaped Cuba, former teacher, at 74
Teresa M. (Maranges) Abadi of Jamaica Plain, a former model and teacher, died Thursday at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston. She was 74. Born and raised in Cuba, Mrs. Abadi escaped the country by boat with her three children. After landing in Key West, she came to Boston to begin a new life. Mrs. Abadi was a longtime resident of Jamaica Plain. Mrs. Abadi was employed as a teacher and ...
June 11, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Mayor Teresa Tomlinson warns of 'massive layoffs' if city finances don't change
Mayor Teresa Tomlinson raised the specter of “massive layoffs” of city workers next year if the Consolidated Government continues on its current path and accused public safety department heads Tuesday of using the threat of layoffs to “maintain possibly inflated budgets.”
June 11, 2013 - Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
- Santa Teresa Border Patrol agents arrest convicted murderer
SANTA TERESA — Border Patrol Agents assigned to the Santa Teresa Border Patrol Station arrested a man Friday who was previously convicted of murder in Illinois.
June 11, 2013 - Las Cruces Sun-News
- Sharon Osbourne in International Herald Tribune
It's not saying that I'm now Mother Teresa or that Ozzy is a saint but you know what? He's been doing this a long time and his audience has been really good to him,Sharon Osbourne said. "So if he goes out one summer of his life and he...
- Bill Walton in PR Newswire (press release)
As Bill Walton said of Coach Wooden, "Never let us forget what he learned from his two favorite teachers, Abraham Lincoln and Mother Teresa, that a life not lived for others is not a life."