- n a base found in DNA (but not in RNA) and derived from pyrimidine; pairs with adenine
- n one of the four nucleotides used in building DNA; all four nucleotides have a common phosphate group and a sugar (ribose)
- n a unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms
- n the 20th letter of the Roman alphabet
- n thyroid hormone similar to thyroxine but with one less iodine atom per molecule and produced in smaller quantity; exerts the same biological effects as thyroxine but is more potent and briefer
- n hormone produced by the thyroid glands to regulate metabolism by controlling the rate of oxidation in cells
thyroxine is 65% iodine
News & Articles
- T-Rex burger now extinct from Canadian Wendy's
It was no asteroid this time. This T-Rex was done in by Reddit.You’d need jaws like a dinosaur to take a bite of the T-Rex burger, a nine-patty monster that was served up for nearly a decade at a Wendy’s restaurant in Brandon, Manitoba. The sandwich came into being as a tongue-in-cheek fake ad that ran in Sports Illustrated, but customers didn’t get the joke and started asking for it.“People ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- T-Mobile US, Inc. (TMUS) Beckons Optimistic Speculators
T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE:TMUS) is bucking the broader market path lower today, up about 2.4% at last check...( Read More )
June 14, 2013 - Schaeffers Research
- T-Mobile, Verizon not under U.S. data watch due to foreign ties: WSJ
(Reuters) - Telecom providers T-Mobile US Inc and Verizon Wireless do not directly contribute to the controversial U.S. surveillance program, partly due to their overseas ownership ties, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter. Legal complications could arise from any participation by the two firms in efforts by the National Security Agency to monitor ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Dan Gilbert in The Associated Press
You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal,Gilbert told fans. "You have given so much and deserve so much more."
- LeBron James in Xinhua
I can't say it was always in my plans, because I never thought it was possible,James added. "But the thins that the Miami Heat franchise have done, to free up cap space and be able to put themselves in a position this summer to have all...
- Paul Goydos in AFP
Today was a nuclear bomb,said Goydos. "I don't know where it came from. If I knew that, I wouldn't be able to touch it."