- n Rhodesian statesman who declared independence of Zimbabwe from Great Britain (born in 1919)
- n United States sculptor (1906-1965)
- n United States singer noted for her rendition of patriotic songs (1909-1986)
- n United States suffragist who refused to pay taxes until she could vote (1792-1886)
- n United States blues singer (1894-1937)
- n religious leader who founded the Mormon Church in 1830 (1805-1844)
- n English explorer who helped found the colony at Jamestown, Virginia; was said to have been saved by Pocahontas (1580-1631)
- n Scottish economist who advocated private enterprise and free trade (1723-1790)
- n someone who works at something specified
- n someone who works metal (especially by hammering it when it is hot and malleable)
News & Articles
- Smith, Yoshizuni lead in WON BASS tourney
LAKEPORT -- Bryant Smith of San Leandro is atop a crowded professional leader board through day two of the three-day WON BASS Clear Lake Open pro-am tournament at Clear Lake.
June 12, 2013 - The Lake County Record-Bee
- Smith receives long-overdue ACC championship rings
Local attorney Bob Smith recently received three Atlantic Coast Conference championship football rings from when he played nose guard for North Carolina State in the 1960s.
June 12, 2013 - Jesup Press-Sentinel
- Smith Electric Fleet Surpasses 700 Vehicles and Five Million Miles of Operation
Smith Electric Vehicles Corp. , the leading global producer of all-electric medium-duty commercial vehicles, today announced that it has now produced over 700 of its all-electric Edison™ and Newton™ trucks, which have cumulatively generated over five million miles on the road.
June 11, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance