- n the period of European history at the close of the Middle Ages and the rise of the modern world; a cultural rebirth from the 14th through the middle of the 17th centuries
- n the revival of learning and culture
- Under his aegis slums were razed, flyovers were built, smog was thinned out by tough anti-pollution laws; it was as if the city was going through a renaissance.
- Rebirth of a renaissance rebel .
- The third renaissance was the Black Arts Movement, which extended from the mid-'60s to the early '70s.
News & Articles
- The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel to Host Complimentary Public “Day of Discovery” Celebration
The Depot Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel will host a public "Day of Discovery,” Wednesday, June 19, starting at 3 pm. The event will be complimentary to the public and feature the unique artistic expression of the Craig Bell Studio, the 8-member bluegrass loving “moonshine drinkin” herd of musicians called The Dang Ol’ Tri’ole, complemented with Minnesota’s hottest microbrewery -- Lift Bridge ...
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Fayetteville's Renaissance Plan update resurrects downtown arts hub
A new growth plan has rekindled an old idea for having a thriving arts district and concert hall in downtown Fayetteville. Last month, the City Council approved an update to the Renaissance Plan that makes the creation of a "visual and performing arts center" a top priority.
June 12, 2013 - The Fayetteville Observer
- Renaissance office tower eyed by private investor
The office tower atop downtown's Renaissance Nashville Hotel is under contract by a private investor, though it still faces several hurdles before a deal can be finalized.
June 11, 2013 - The Tennessean
- Carlton Cuse in The Associated Press
It really feels awesome there are so many good shows on television right now, and Damon and I feel that we're in a sort of renaissance period for TV drama,said Carlton Cuse, who shares executive producer duties on "Lost" with Damon Lindelof.
- David Carradine in Utusan Malaysia Online
You're probably witnessing the last time I will ever answer those questions,Carradine said. "Because this is a regeneration. It is a renaissance. It is the start of a new career for me." "It's time to do nothing but look forward."
- Abu Omar al-Baghdadi in 940 News
Today we witness the fallacy of the western civilization and the renaissance of the Islamic giant,al-Baghdadi said in a half-hour audio file.