- n someone who helps to gather the harvest
- n Death personified as an old man or a skeleton with a scythe
- n farm machine that gathers a food crop from the fields
- Over the countryside he preached the reaper, but (like Mohammed) converted only his own family at first.
- Founded in 1831 by Cyrus McCormick, the inventor of the first mechanical reaper, the company was directed primarily by the McCormick family until 1977.
News & Articles
- France keen to buy 12 US Reaper drones: minister
Paris (AFP) June 11, 2013 France wants to buy 12 Reaper drones from the United States, Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian said on Tuesday, as ministry officials put the cost at 670 million euros ($889 million). Le Drian said he wanted two Reapers to be deployed in sub-Saharan Africa, where France is battling Islamist militants in Mali. The 10 others would be deployed in French and European ...
June 12, 2013 - Space War
- Chalfant: International Harvester opens office in Sedalia
In 1834, a Virginia farmer named Cyrus McCormick filed a patent for a harvesting machine that he and his father had been trying to perfect for many years. The machine was the first successful horse-drawn mechanical reaper to be developed, but sales were so slow that by 1846, the company had sold fewer than 100 machines.
June 12, 2013 - Sedalia Democrat
- France Rallies Around Reaper
June 10, 2013: France is apparently not pleased with the performance of its locally developed Harfang UAV and is buying two American RQ-9 Reapers with the intention getting more and standardizing on this proven UAV design.
June 10, 2013 - Strategy Page
- Craig MacTavish in Forbes
When you have been playing the way we had been playing, you are ultimately going to have to face the reaper,MacTavish said. "That was the case tonight. The opposition hadn't been scoring on some of the quality chances we had been giving...
- Ray Wise in Minneapolis Star Tribune (subscription)
He also doesn't discount the opposition, even if God doesn't get top billing on "Reaper.I feel that I make that evident, that my relationship with God is very strained, but that I admit his inevitability," Wise said. "I was his favorite...
- Barack Obama in Oneindia
By next year, the CIA is expected to more than double its fleet of the latest Reaper aircraft, bigger, faster and more heavily armed than the older Predators, to 14 from 6,an Obama administration official said.