- n the basic unit of money in South Africa; equal to 100 cents
- n United States writer (born in Russia) noted for her polemical novels and political conservativism (1905-1982)
- n a rocky region in the southern Transvaal in northeastern South Africa; contains rich gold deposits and coal and manganese
News & Articles
- Rand Paul’s losing case: Challenging the NSA is an uphill battle on multiple fronts
By Tribune-Review The bane of Big Government, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., is inviting Americans to join him in a class-action lawsuit to stop what he says are ...
June 16, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- The Auditor: Rand Paul steps into Christie country
Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) addresses the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in National Harbor, Maryland, in March — a conference Gov. Chris Christie was famously not invited to. Paul was in New Jersey on Monday.Alex Wong/Getty Images U.S. Sen. Rand...
June 16, 2013 - The Star-Ledger
- Julian Sanchez: How Rand Paul can challenge NSA at Supreme Court
Sen. Rand Paul is itching to challenge the constitutionality of the National Security Agency's surveillance practices before the U.S. Supreme Court, and the American Civil Liberties Union has already filed such a suit. Justice Sonia Sotomayor might be glad to see them both there.
June 16, 2013 - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Jacob Zuma in Reuters UK
We can safely say that we have good returns on our investment, which includes 33 billion rand (2.8 billion pounds) spent on transport infrastructure, telecommunications and stadiums,Zuma said at a lunch briefing.
- Jim DeMint in Washington Post (blog)
I'm endorsing Rand Paul because he's a true conservative who will stand up to the Washington establishment,said Senator DeMint. "Rand has been running on the issues that matter since the beginning of this campaign. He's a strong advocate...
- Charlie Munger in Bizjournals.com
Some stupid things were done,Munger said "Alan Greenspan overdosed a little on Ayn Rand" in his enthusiasm to trust the marketplace.