- n a member of a South American Indian people in Peru who were formerly the ruling class of the Inca empire
- n a community of South American Indians in Peru who were formerly the ruling class of the Incan Empire
- n the language of the Quechua which was spoken by the Incas
News & Articles
- Prosecutor: 2 charged in Bolivia highland lynching
Two members of an indigenous Quechua community in Bolivia's highlands will be tried for murder for allegedly leading a mob that buried alive a teenager suspected of raping and killing a woman, a prosecutor said Friday.
June 7, 2013 - Seattle Times
- David Choquehuanca in Sydney Morning Herald
It was not so many years ago that Quechua was considered backward,Choquehuanca said, "but in these last few years our people are in a full process of emergence, and the world knows we are individuals."
- Evo Morales in International Herald Tribune
If we win, not just Evo will be president, but the Quechua and Aymara will also be in the presidency,Morales said, referring to Bolivia's two largest Indian communities. "We are a danger for the rich people who sack our resources."