- n an Old Testament book consisting of a collection of 150 Psalms
- n one of the 150 lyrical poems and prayers that comprise the Book of Psalms in the Old Testament; said to have been written by David
- n any sacred song used to praise the deity
- v sing or celebrate in psalms
He psalms the works of God
- The Old Testament contains 150 psalms that both Christians and Jews accept as divinely inspired.
- When Clive Staples Lewis, 59, England's top amateur theologian, reread the psalms, he was bothered by the cursing.
- Cohen never became a pop star--others had hits from his lusciously haunting Suzanne and Sisters of Mercy--but his pieces hung in the mind, like psalms or dirges remembered from .
News & Articles
- Pastor Talk: Try a little tenderness
Psalms 27:1, "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?" There is a phrase that has gained great popularity in our homes, "Nobody's perfect.
June 15, 2013 - Oroville Mercury-Register
- Huub Oosterhuis in The Cheers
Huub, who met the prince in 1968, said: "Claus inspired the title. When he was ill prior to his death I would read Psalms at his bedside and he would say 'It always comes down to Who,' referring to God. Claus was a special man, much loved and who...
- Benjamin Franklin in Family Security Matters
Of the awakening, Ben Franklin wrote: "It was wonderful to see......From being thoughtless or indifferent......it seemed as if all the world were growing religious, so that one could not walk thro' the town in an evening without hearing psalms sung...