- n a person employed to carry luggage and supplies
- n someone who guards an entrance
- n United States writer of novels and short stories (1890-1980)
- n United States composer and lyricist of musical comedies (1891-1946)
- n United States writer of short stories whose pen name was O. Henry (1862-1910)
- n a railroad employee who assists passengers (especially on sleeping cars)
- n a very dark sweet ale brewed from roasted unmalted barley
- v carry luggage or supplies
They portered the food up Mount Kilimanjaro for the tourists
- In Manhattan, "Red Cap" porters in the Pennsylvania station promised each to give a dollar a year to found a scholarship for that porter's son who has the highest mark in.
- To most people a Pullman porter is a Negro called George who will do anything he can to make railroad journeys pleasant, comfortable, safe.
News & Articles
- Porter Novelli Names Mindy Gikas Executive Vice President, North American Talent Lead
NEW YORK, June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Global public relations leader Porter Novelli today announced that Mindy Gikas has joined the company as executive vice president, North American talent leader. ...
June 13, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Otto Porter’s agent seems quite certain Porter won’t slip past No. 3 in draft
Otto Porter is one of the most polished prospects in the NBA Draft. He showed an ability to run Georgetown’s offense, and his smooth jumper gave him success off the ball, too. He has ideal size for his position in the NBA, which made him a good defender in college. Porter is also younger than…
June 13, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProBasketballTalk
- Porter-Gaud’s Thomas Spratt leads All-Lowcountry tennis team as player of the year
The tennis torch is still burning at Porter-Gaud, thanks in part to a decision Thomas Spratt made five years ago to turn his focus from basketball to tennis.
June 13, 2013 - The Post and Courier