- n (ethnic slur) offensive term for a person of Irish descent
- n an irrigated or flooded field where rice is grown
- n rice in the husk either gathered or still in the field
- In the paddy fields of Bengal, the December rice crop is lush and full.
- When we finished the house, it was the first completed building in the paddy field, and you could see it from a couple of miles around.
- Our house had been built on a paddy field, and you could see it from a couple of miles around.
News & Articles
- Hollywood Park: Appealing enters Redondo Beach on a roll
INGLEWOOD, Calif. – The first running of the Redondo Beach Stakes in 2006 was won by Singalong, a Paddy Gallagher-trained European moving up from an allowance win.
June 7, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Fire heavily damages popular Springfield pub
A fire Friday afternoon that heavily damaged a popular Irish pub and restaurant, as well as a catering business, started in a kitchen fryer. That’s the preliminary assessment from Springfield Fire Rescue Division Chief Nick Heimlich, who kept firefighters on the scene at McMurray’s Irish Pub, Paddy’s Backdoor Pizza and Carmae Catering, all housed at 122 E. College Ave., on Friday night. The fire ...
June 7, 2013 - Springfield News-Sun
- Minor Moves: Paddy Matera
Here are Wednesday's minor moves... The Indians have signed infielder Paddy Matera and assigned him to Class A Carolina, the team announced (on Twitter). Matera, 25, has been playing independent ball since 2010, primarily with the Camden Riversharks of the Atlantic League. He's hitting .304/.365/.525 in 40 games this season and is a career .277/.358/.414 hitter in independent ball. The New ...
June 6, 2013 - MLB Trade Rumors
- Tiger Wood in AFP
I'm sorry that John got in the way of a great battle,Woods said Sunday. "I don't think Paddy would have hit the pitch shot that way if he was able to take his time, look at it, analyze it. But he was on the clock."