- n past times (especially in the phrase `in days of old')
- a (used especially of persons) having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age
his mother is very old
a ripe old age
how old are you?
- a of long duration; not new
- s (used for emphasis) very familiar
good old boy
same old story
- s skilled through long experience
an old offender
the older soldiers
- s belonging to some prior time
- s (used informally especially for emphasis)
had us a high old time
- s of a very early stage in development
- s just preceding something else in time or order
my old house was larger
- PTI Magazine looks at the lives of 13-year-olds in 2005 America.
- Confronted by a dearth of new pictures (PTI, May 16), cinema producers last month took to reviving old ones.
- In a summer of grim news, a plucky 7-year-old escaped her kidnappers and showed that not all abductions end badly.
News & Articles
- Old Wethersfield 5K & 10K
The Old Wethersfield 5K and 10K are USAT&F certified courses that run along the historic streets of Old Wethersfield. The 10K is a double-loop course and the 5K is one-loop. Both finish along the scenic Wethersfield Cove.
June 11, 2013 - WPXI Pittsburgh
- Old Lighthouse Museum celebrates 40 years
MICHIGAN CITY — The Old Lighthouse Museum kicked off the first day of its two-day 40th anniversary celebration on Saturday with speeches by Mayor Ron Meer, MCAS Superintendent Dr. Barbara Eason-Watkins, State Senator James Arnold (D-La Porte), State Representative Scott Pelath (D-Michigan City) and Michigan City First Ward Councilman Richard Murphy.
June 11, 2013 - The Michigan City News-Dispatch
- Old Dominion increases expectations for growth
THOMASVILLE | Old Dominion Freight Line updated its expectations for growth in second-quarter 2013 tonnage per day and revenue per hundredweight, excluding fuel surcharges, last week in preparation for its attendance at the Deutsche Bank Global Industrials and Basic Materials Conference on Thursday.
June 11, 2013 - The Lexington Dispatch
- Barack Obama in Telegraph.co.uk
Mr Obama described the former president, who remains the country's dominant political force, as someone who still has "one foot in the old ways of doing business and one foot in the new".
- Lance Armstrong in Washington Post
In a statement released early Saturday morning by his publicist, Armstrong said the story was "full of false accusations and more of the same old news from Floyd Landis, a person with zero credibility and an established pattern of recanting tomorrow...
- Phil Mickelson in Wall Street Journal (blog)
I don't look at the leaderboard. I don't look at other players. I look at par,Mr. Mickelson said looking forward to Saturday. "This is the only tournament that brings out the Bobby Jones philosophy of only playing against Old Man Par,...