- n terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God
- n a person who has general authority over others
- n a titled peer of the realm
- v make a lord of someone
- A big-time lawyer, Lord works in Trenton, lords it over a claque of intellectuals at home in Princeton.
- A $5 million reward is offered for information leading to Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, one of Mexico's most poweful drug lords The 54-year-old, 5'6'' drug lord is considered the .
- The ermine and broadcloth of a British University's lord-rectorship are one thing.
News & Articles
- FilmDisrict Buys ‘Christ The Lord’ Pic Based On Anne Rice Novel For 2015 Bow
Anne Rice ‘s 2005 novel Christ The Lord: Out Of Egypt was one of the titles on Chris Columbus ‘ 1492 Pictures slate being developed and financed by Rise Entertainment based on the two companies’ five-year deal inked in November . Christ The Lord centers on the formative years of Jesus Christ with script by Betsy and Cyrus Nowrasteh , with the latter aboard to direct. 1492, Hyde Park, CJ ...
June 21, 2013 - Deadline Hollywood
- Anne Rice’s ‘Christ The Lord’ Lands US Distribution Deal
Anne Rice’s novel Christ the Lord was recently picked up by the folks at FilmDistrict. The book tells the story of Jesus during his youth. The movie will chronicle his struggle with being the son of God. The company hopes to have the flick in theaters by March of 2015. According to Variety, the adaptation... Read more » Anne Rice’s ‘Christ The Lord’ Lands US Distribution Deal is a post from: The ...
June 21, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Resort nearly nixed Facebook exec's $10 million 'Lord-of-the-Rings' wedding
The Big Sur resort where Sean Parker held his posh, Lord of the Rings-inspired wedding threatened to cancel it if he didn't agree to pay for the unpermitted wedding construction and the inn's past land use violations, Parker told The Associated Press on Friday.
June 21, 2013 - KATU Portland
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
We have heard this foolish delusion before,Bush said. "As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American senator declared, 'Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided.' We have an obligation to...
- Michael Steele in NOLA.com
Democrats in Washington "are looking for those distractions, and Lord knows I've provided a few," Steele told the Southern Republican Leadership Conference on the final day of speechmaking at the four-day gathering in New Orleans.
- Phil Bredesen in Guardian Unlimited
It looks like the Lord took a Brillo pad and scrubbed the ground,said Tennessee Gov. Phil Bredesen, who surveyed the damage from a helicopter.