- n United States rock star singer and pianist (born in 1935)
- n United States athlete who won gold medals at the Olympics for his skill in sprinting and jumping (born in 1961)
- n United States explorer and soldier who lead led an expedition from St. Louis to the mouth of the Columbia River (1774-1809)
- n United States labor leader who was president of the United Mine Workers of America from 1920 to 1960 and president of the Congress of Industrial Organizations from 1935 to 1940 (1880-1969)
- n United States novelist who satirized middle-class America in his novel Main Street (1885-1951)
- n English critic and novelist; author of theological works and of books for children (1898-1963)
- Barack Obama in CTV.ca
Obama said that Kennedy "was there when the voting rights act passed, along with John Lewis."