- n (Judaism) an eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem in 165 BC
News & Articles
- The Feelies mark final Fourth at Maxwell's
Feelies 4th of July shows predate the fabled Yo La Tengo Hanukkah shows in Maxwell's lore
July 3, 2013 - The Jersey Journal
- Surprisingly, Jewish Hanukkah menorah now a favorite Irish Christmas tradition
Finding Jews in Ireland is not an easy task. Of Ireland’s 4.4 million people, only 2,000 or so are Jewish. But finding a menorah, the eight branched candle that celebrates Hanukkah – that’s a cinch.
June 29, 2013 - Irish Central
- Chef Gilligan's Hanukkah doughnuts
This Saturday, the 12th is the first day of Hanukkah or Chanukah, I don’t really know why there are two different spellings of this holiday and the only reason I can think of is that you can get rid of the 2 K’s in the first version when you are playing scrabble!
June 28, 2013 - Irish Central
- Gilbert Arenas in Washington Post
I know time frames are dicey, but they said anywhere from mid December to January 1, I'll be back by then at 100 percent,Arenas posted in the entry. "I should be, if everything goes well. So that's the Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza present I'm...
- Barack Obama in CBS News (blog)
Hanukkah is not only a time to celebrate the faith and customs of the Jewish people, but for people of all faiths to celebrate the common aspirations we share,said Mr. Obama.
- President Bush in Forbes
Laura and I are honored to have this Hanukkah menorah here at the White House,Bush said. "It's a symbol that the White House is the people's house, and it belongs to Americans of all faith."