Gorky : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n Russian writer of plays and novels and short stories; noted for his depiction of social outcasts
- n an industrial city in the European part of Russia; birthplace of Maksim Gorky
News & Articles
- Michael Apted talks Appalachia, documentaries, and authenticity
Feature films, documentaries, television — you name it, director Michael Apted has done it. The British-born, critically-acclaimed director has accrued an extensive body of work that includes such disparate and impressive credits as Coal Miner's Daughter , Gorky Park , Bring on the Night , Gorillas in the Mist , episodes of the HBO series Rome , and The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the ...
Aug. 21, 2013 - Charleston City Paper
- Klaus Meine in Aljazeera.net
We're all in this boat going down the river to go for a barbecue in Gorky Park - Bon Jovi, MÃ¶tley CrÃ¼e, the MTV people and these Russian soldiers,Meine says, taking a break from recording the band's new album to talk to Al Jazeera. "It...
- Martin Amis in Taipei Times
After a couple of hours at their desks, on September 12,Amis wrote, "all writers on earth were considering the course that Lenin urged on Maxim Gorky: A change of occupation."
- David Hayes in Racing and Sports Pty Ltd
The Efficient form is pretty good isn't it,Hayes said in reference to Efficient's Melbourne Cup win last year. "When he (Gorky Park) hits a mile-and-a-half (2400m) he goes from a welter horse to a Group horse. He's relaxing now and last...