- n a state in southeastern United States; one of the Confederate states during the American Civil War
- n one of the British colonies that formed the United States
- n a republic in Asia Minor on the Black Sea separated from Russia by the Caucasus mountains; formerly an Asian soviet but became independent in 1991
- President Bush in Washington Post
I'm deeply concerned about the situation in Georgia,Bush said in a statement to reporters while attending the Olympic Games in Beijing. "The attacks are occurring in regions of Georgia far from the zone of conflict in South Ossetia. They...
- John McCain in FOXNews
McCain said his rival "was wrong about Iraq and the surge. He was wrong about Russia when they committed aggression against Georgia. And in his short career he does not understand our national security challenges. We don't have time for on the job...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in TPMDC (blog)
We take seriously threats to democracy, wherever they occur,Clinton said. "So we're going to continue to support democracy here in Georgia."