- n the cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one
- n a group of United States painters founded in 1907 and noted for their realistic depictions of sordid aspects of city life
- n one of four playing cards in a deck with eight pips on the face
- s being one more than seven
- Barbaro's eight-month ordeal, with all the operations, moments of hope, and near-death experiences, kept his well-wishers rapt.
- UNESCO names eight new wonders to its World Heritage List.
- Speck knew there were eight women in the dorm; he did not know that a friend was also staying over that night.
News & Articles
- Eight runs not enough for Panthers
ALBIA — The Mt. Pleasant baseball team posted eight runs, but it still wasn’t enough to overcome host Albia in a nonconference contest on Wednesday night. The Panthers scored one in the second, two in the third, one in the fourth and three in the fifth, but Albia scored at least one run in each of the first six innings — including three in the second and three in the sixth — for a 12-8 win ...
June 13, 2013 - Mt. Pleasant News
- Eight Charged in Hacking Theft From Dozen Financial Firms
Eight people were charged with hacking customer accounts at more than a dozen banks, brokerage firms and payroll-processing companies and trying to steal at least $15 million, federal prosecutors said.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Eight arrested in Conway drug-ring probe
Eight people have been arrested in a federal investigation into a purported prescription-drug ring based in Conway.
June 12, 2013 - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- Barack Obama in Voice of America
We're not headed three fast enough for me either. The recession dug us a hole of about eight-million jobs deep, and we continue to fight headwinds from volatile global markets,said the president.
- James Cameron in Vancouver Sun
It quoted Cameron as saying, "Audiences repeatedly told me they wanted more of Pandora, and wished they could have stayed there longer. So we're making that possible. Avatar: Special Edition will be exclusively in 3-D, and will have eight minutes of...
- Linda Lingle in Los Angeles Times
There has not been a bill I have contemplated more or an issue I have thought more deeply about during my eight years as governor than House Bill 444 and the institution of marriage,Lingle said at a news conference. "I have been open and...