- n a nonstandard form of American English characteristically spoken by African Americans in the United States
- Oakland school superintendent defends decision to introduce ebonics during Senate hearing.
- While Mfume made headlines for grading Hollywood on minority representation and denouncing ebonics ("black English"), detractors say he did little to draw attention to the health .
- ebonics according to buckwheat a new furor over black english provokes some stereotypical thinking is there a right to die? the supreme court weighs an issue that may prove to be as .
News & Articles
- Rotten To The Common Core / Advanced Stupidity
Rotten To the Common Core We learned the 80s, 90s and 2000s that The New Math was stupid Outcomes Based Education (OBE) was stupid The Open School was stupid Fuzzy / Reform Math was stupid Whole language was stupid Multicultural Focused Education / Ebonics was...
June 9, 2013 - AsianWeek
- Shaquille O'Neal in San Antonio Express
Asked how he responded to Spurs center Fabricio Oberto of Argentina after a hard foul in the teams' first-round playoff series, O'Neal told the Arizona Republic, "I told him something in this language .............. it's called vulgar ebonics."
- Kay Patterson in The State
They would call that ebonics in this day and age,Patterson said. "But we didn't have that terminology back in those days."
- Andrew Lam in San Jose Mercury News
As Andrew Lam writes in his foreword, "tightly knit tribes - Little Saigons, Chinatowns, Little Kabul - with their own in-language media and temples and churches, exist alongside Latino Muslims, black Buddhists, Mien teenagers speaking Ebonics."