- n the cardinal compass point that is at 90 degrees
- n the countries of Asia
- n the region of the United States lying to the north of the Ohio River and to the east of the Mississippi River
- n the direction corresponding to the eastward cardinal compass point
- n a location in the eastern part of a country, region, or city
- a situated in or facing or moving toward the east
- r to, toward, or in the east
we travelled east for several miles
located east of Rome
- Some in the east cherish the old ways without quite wishing them back.
- Near the East German village of Wandlitz, nine miles to the east of Berlin, is a most unusual settlement.
- We have this same spirit now in the east.
- Barack Obama in RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
New construction in East Jerusalem and the West Bank undermines that mutual trust and endangers the proximity talks that are the first step towards the full negotiations that both sides say want and need. And it exposes daylight between Israel and... Hillary Rodham Clinton http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillary_Rodham_Clinton&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHOarXVfe0H5lTsVdy93IEoGrJtYg Asia Times Online http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/LC24Ak02.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFde3dpueYgZbsRPGQ0csTb4EkOfQ Mar 23, 2010
31299 40250 east And [the new US Middle East envoy] George Mitchell is somebody of enormous stature. He is one of the few people who have international experience brokering peace deals. And so what I told him is start by listening, because all too often the United...