- n the biblical commandments of Moses
- Taken together, this seamy decalogue shows the '50s as a neat place to visit -- a lovers' lane accessible from a killer drag strip -- but hell to live through.
- The company issued a "decalogue"or 10 commandmentsof environmental goals and empowered its divisions to become creative.
- Simplified spellers drop the superfluous "ough" from "through," "though," "bought"; the superfluous "ue" from "catalogue," "decalogue," "pedagogue," "monologue.
News & Articles
- Decalogue & Democracy
At the magazine Mosaic , Peter Berkowitz examines the relationship between the Decalogue and liberal democracy, taking his cue from a recent essay by Leon Kass. Both men, Kass and Berkowitz, are among the most thoughtful conservative voices around but I think they are wrong when they suggest that the Israelites were given a choice.
June 13, 2013 - National Catholic Reporter
- Pope John Paul II in Minnesota Public Radio
Countless monuments, medallions, plaques, sculptures, seals, frescoes, and friezes - including, of course, the Supreme Court's own courtroom frieze - commemorate the Decalogue. Nothing in the Constitution requires these historic artifacts to be... Greg Abbott http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Abbott&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHt2A51iod9qvN19Ewt5fC8vP2dHA FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,149162,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFxGm67GIZqntBGSjDLwnkDY_9hiw Mar 2, 2005
25336 34199 decalogue On an international level, John Paul II, issued a letter (April 30, 2001) stating that a sin against the Sixth Commandment of the Decalogue by a cleric with a minor under 18 years of age is to be considered a grave sin, or 'delictum gravius.'"...